The University of Alabama School of Law Tuscaloosa, AL
J.D. 2012, cum laude
The University of Mississippi Oxford, MS
B.A. 2009, magna cum laude
- Counseled employers and provided guidance on an extensive range of legal and regulatory issues including federal employment laws, non-compete covenants, and professional licensure regulations.
- Represented boards of directors, officers, and shareholders in corporate governance disputes and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Litigation experience regarding a broad range of issues such as employment discrimination claims, at-will terminations, insurance exclusion disputes, constitutional claims, premises liability actions, governmental liability cases, and breach of contract claims.
- Drafted and negotiated employment contracts, non-competition covenants, separation agreements, settlement and release agreements.
- Preliminary injunction proceedings in non-compete cases.
- Represented business entities in an array of commercial transactions, including stock and equity purchases and redemptions, lease agreements, reorganizations, and mergers.
- Law Clerk to Chief United States District Judge Sharion Aycock for the Northern District of Mississippi
- A Day Late and a Dollar Short: The Mississippi Supreme Court Underscores the Boorish Side of the Gentleman’s Deal, MISSISSIPPI BUSINESS JOURNAL (Sept. 23, 2016)
- Supersized Non-Competes: Exploring Whether the Framework Governing Non-Competes in Mississippi is Likely to Change Due to Their Expanding Use, 39 THE QUARTERLY 12 (2015)
- All Smoke and No Fire? Analyzing the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008, 35 LAW & PSYCHOLOGY REVIEW 193, 193 (2011)
Honors and Achievements
- Mississippi Bar Leadership Forum 2017
Memberships and Associations
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Editor in Chief of the Quarterly (2016)
- Editorial Board
- Lee County Bar Association
- United States District Courts
- Northern District of Mississippi
- Southern District of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Civic and Community Activities
- Regional Rehabilitation Center: Board of Directors (2017-Present)
- First Presbyterian Church: Long-Range Planning Committee and Stewardship Committee
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Mississippi: Advisory Board (2014-2016)
- Eagle Scout